IRELAND WITH CHILDREN
Dublin has multiple options and a wide range of activities to enjoy with your family. Discover the best plans.
EXPLORE DUBLIN ON BOARD OF AN AMPHIBIAN VEHICLE
The smallest of the house will have the opportunity to experience Dublin in an exciting way aboard an amphibious vehicle. In this fun tour by land and sea, accompanied at all times by their parents, discover the main monuments and learn the history of the city.
PHOTOGRAPH HARRY POTTER OR THE FAIRY TALE PRINCESSES IN THE DUBLIN WAX MUSEUM
The Wax Museum (Wax Museum) features four floors filled with famous wax figures, as well as some interactive attractions, ideal for family fun.
Among its most interesting rooms are:
- “Children’s Fantasy World”, where children will be able to meet characters like the Simpsons or Harry Potter, and girls will be able to discover the fairy tale princesses.
- “The Hall of Fame”, where some Irish legends of music and cinema like U2, Phil Lynott and Liam Neeson come together.
- “Wax Factor Studio”. On the top floor of the museum you can prepare a recording and appear in your own music video.
- “The Chamber of Horrors”. The characters in the chamber of horrors are able to frighten the bravest because it is impossible to guess who is around the corner to pounce on the visitors.
- “Record in wax” In the recording studio it is possible to improvise on the mixer that was used by some rock and pop legends like REM or Snow Patrol.
MEET THE VIKINGS FACE-TO-FACE IN DUBLINIA
Christchurch Place offers an interactive exhibition ideal for the little ones to get to know Dublin’s history in a fun and interractive way. It is divided into several spaces, each of which shows a time of development and evolution of the capital of Ireland: the Vikings, the Middle Ages and the contemporary era. During the tour you can try clothes of the time, see recreations of the way of life or walk along a medieval street, with their craftsmen in the middle of their work. Do not miss it!
PHOENIX PARK BY BICYCLE
This huge park is a good place to let children run around, while watching the animals that live in it, such as deer or squirrels. Its vast area makes it difficult to see it all, so a good option is to rent a bike in one of the establishments that are at most of the entrances to the park. It is highly recommended to go to the visitor centre with a play area for children as well as picnic tables. Inside the park is the official residence of the President of Ireland, as well as Dublin Zoo.
VISIT THE WILDEST ANIMALS ON THE PLANET
Dublin Zoo is 66 acres in size and one of the oldest in Europe. It was inaugurated in the year 1831. It is divided into several habitats, each of which specialises in the types of animals found there. Examples of these habitats are the Asian Forest, The Gorilla Rainforest, The African Savannah, the Kaziranga Forest Trail, Sealion Cove and the most recent habitat, Zoorassic Park.